Many of us spent Thanksgiving stuffing our faces, watching football, or trying to dodge that aunt that wants to know when we are going to find a man to put a bun in the oven. Now that all of that is out of the way, how will you spend your Friday? For those who may not know what to do with their day, here’s a short list of things you can do to occupy your time.
1. Eat Leftovers – About 90% of America will most likely spend their Friday, Saturday, and Sunday eating leftovers. Thanksgiving dinner is probably one of the few meals that taste just as good the next day as it did the day your mama and grandma pulled it out of the oven.
2. Shop – Welp, it’s Black Friday, and you know everyone, and their mama is out trying to catch all the markdowns and doorbusters. Now, if you are not feeling the long lines and all of the craziness that takes place, you can find some good deals online. Cyber Monday sales are just as great, and you can do all of it from the comfort of your own home.
3. Nothing – Look, Thanksgiving was draining with all the prepping, socializing, and cooking, so to do nothing is a plus. Being around people all day, cooking, traveling, all these things can take a toll on you. Spend the day completely relaxing. Find some of your favorite shows to binge watch on Netflix and just chill. Or, if you’re like me, you’ll probably take this time to catch up on some sleep.
4. Party – Thanksgiving weekend is a huge party weekend. All of your old friends and family members are back in town, and everyone wants to hit the club. Don’t feel ashamed that you left your family alone for one night to turn up and get loose.
5. Donate – It’s getting cold out and just because we have a lot to be thankful for doesn’t mean that others aren’t still in need. This is an excellent opportunity to still give back. You can donate foods, blankets, coats, or even your time. Just remember to pay it forward!
6. Workout – Hit the gym and get a jump start on working off some of that food you ate all day yesterday. Most people won’t dare head back to the gym until January, so you should be free and clear today.
What would you add to the list?