Bow Wow opens up about how he almost lost his life to his addiction to cough syrup.
On Sunday (Sept. 9), Bow Wow (real name Shad Moss), tweeted how he “almost died” from his lean addiction. “Im going to let something out. When me and Omarion worked on FACE OFF album. I was high off lean every day!” he tweeted.
He added that his fans “started to turn on [him]” because of the addiction. His biggest downfall was fainting while on tour with #ChrisBrown that very same year.
“I WAS SIPPING 4’s at least 7 times a day. I was addicted until our show in Cincinnati.. i came off stg and passed out woke up in the hospital I was having withdraws. I never felt a pain like that ever.” Moss then urged the younger generation to stay away from drugs. His tweets come just as the world still mourns the death of 26-year-old rapper #MacMiller, who died of a drug overdose.
“That (expletive) is not cool and i was doing it to be cool!” Moss tweeted. “DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE! We cant lose no more of you. Not one! dont follow a trend. Break the cycle.” Moss then posted two pictures of the late rapper with the caption “Rest easy young GOD.”