We’ve promoted both brands on here but news is news and this is definitely a wild one. Thanks to Miss Jia for the heads up. There is a battle of the lip sticks and it’s getting crazy. Model Keyshia Dior of “Ka’Oir” cosmetics is being sued by Secret Kisses for breach of contract, theft and slander. The paperwork is rather lengthy so I’ll break it down the best I can.
- Around August 2010 Ronell “Gates” Levatte (Secret Kisses) and Keyshia Dior entered into a joint venture agreement to combine efforts and promote, exploit and expand a lipstick line known as “Secret Kisses”. They were to attend certain events, make appearances, and operate an online boutique for the sale of the lipstick products. Gates owned 51% of the company and Dior 49%.
- Each party also agreed that Gates would provide the costs for marketing expenses, manufacturing and all other costs of the business operation.
- In early 2011 Keyshia began engaging in direct competition with Secret Kisses by establishing a lipstick line and internet boutique known as “Ka’Oir” although she still had contractual agreements and legal obligations with Secret Kisses.
- Secret Kisses alleges that in March 2011 Keyshia Dior stole, took and converted to her own use and benefit $7,400.
- Secret Kisses also alleges that Keyshia Dior and “Ka’Oir” used there resources to defame them and lead others into thinking their company was fraudulent by making comments such as “AUTHENTIC Keyshia Dior lipsticks are only called “Ka’Oir”, “Do not be confused by imitations, there is no other brand name…Period” and offering press statements.
You probably remember when Evelyn Lozada signed her 6 figure contract as the new face of Secret Kisses and the uproar from Keyshia Dior fans with allegations that Evelyn stole the idea from Ka’Oir. Keyshia Dior fans, as misinformed as they possibly may have been, took to their Twitter page to attack Evelyn and her morality. Well, it’s safe to say Evelyn hasn’t done much promotion of the product on her Twitter page since. According to Necole Bitchie, word is that Evelyn may have been receiving threats to her life by acquaintances of Dior and backed out of the deal. Apparently, according to Miss Bitchie, Evelyn may be seeing a law suit for breach of contract as well. Who knew the lip stick game was so cut throat? Wow!
You can read the entire COMPLAINT here.
Keyshia Dior representatives has issued a statement:
Ms. Dior’s attorney states” his lawsuit has no basis! It’s just the opposite. We have claims against Secret Kisses and Gates for unauthorized use of Ms. Dior’s name, products, images and likeness”. When asked about Evelyn Lozada, Keyshia was unavailable for comment, but her Management team, Melanzh Enterprises says,” There are absolutely no issues between Keyshia and Evelyn ….Keyshia and her Ka’oir Cosmetics was built from a heart felt love of the fashion and cosmetic world. She is very loyal to her fans and she is very passionate about her Brand. It saddens us to witness such a slanderous attempt to hinder such a thriving fresh Talent from achieving her goals ”. – End quote