Home / Lifestyle / The Money Is The Motive: Five Tips To Help You Secure The Bag

The Money Is The Motive: Five Tips To Help You Secure The Bag

blogged by @lanaladonna⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

A wise woman once said- “It takes money to make money. I can’t let it get away from me.”  Well… that’s where most go wrong. We let our money get away from us too easily. Everyone wants financial stability, but no one wants to put in the work to get it. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The ability to manage your money well is one of life’s major keys. Here are a few tips to help your bag stay secured. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1. Stop spending more than what you’re bringing in.

It sounds simple, but this is where the problem begins. You’ll never be able to adequately save if you’re dishing out more than what you’re bringing home. It may be challenging, but if you can- put away and handle business with 70% of your income, and use the other 30% for recreational purposes. That’s a stretch? Lay out a budget and ratio that works best for you.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

2. Can you buy it twice?

Whether or not you’d like to admit it, social media has a heavy influence on a lot of decisions we make. People want to keep up with the times, and that’s not necessarily wrong, but sis, Nicki can afford that Chanel bag. Can you? If you can’t buy something twice, 9/10, you really can’t afford it. It’s 2018. Let’s shop within our means this year. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

3. “You got McDonald’s money?”

How many of your parents’ used to hit you with this classic line when you were kids? Well, you’re an adult now, and this question still stands. No, not McDonald’s money literally, but people tend to unknowingly spend quite a lot of money on food. Eat the food you have at home! That’s why it’s there. You’d be surprised how much money you’d save if you thought twice about carry-out, and dined in until the weekend AT LEAST. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

4. Get a savings account with NO card.

I’m sure we all can agree on direct deposit being the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time for my non-millennials). Open up an additional bank account, but don’t get a debit or ATM card for that account. Set up a portion of your check to be deposited into it, even if it’s small, and watch the money pile up. Debit and ATM cards give you easy access to your money. Without them, you’ll have to get up and go to the bank. You won’t do that unless it’s completely necessary, which is what makes it a great idea!  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

5. Generate multiple forms of income.

Every millionaire has at least seven forms of income. In the world we live in today, having a side hustle or two has become the norm. Now more than ever, people are starting their own businesses, driving for Uber, bartending, you name it! Don’t miss the wave. Broaden your financial horizons, find your niche, and figure out a way to get paid for it! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

There are plenty of ways for you to save money. The hardest part is to just do it! It’s all about discipline. Get the bag, flip it, and tumble it. Never fumble it. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

What are some ways you all save?

About MsJennyb

Jen is a Writer and Content Curator for Baller Alert, who writes under the alias “MsJennyb.” In this role, Jen develops and contributes relevant special-themed content to attract readers. Before joining the Entertainment Industry via Baller Alert, Jen spent one year as a Freelance Writer and two years as a Human Resources assistant in a corporate office. Jen has a degree in Criminal Justice from Rutgers University with a concentration in Africana Studies. To contact Jen please email [email protected]

Check Also

Confessions of a Side Chick – Part 1

  In recent months I have been asked the same question multiple times in many …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *