Megan Thee Stallion’s Label Drama Continues As The Rapper Sues

Megan Thee Stallion’s Label Drama Continues As The Rapper Sues 1501 Certified; Will Release New Music Friday

Recently, rapper Meg Thee Stallion revealed to her fans that she was in a battle with her record label 1501 Certified Entertainment, due to a bad deal.

According to Meg, when she first signed, she looked it over but didn’t understand the “verbiage,” due to being a newcomer in the game.

“It’s not that I literally didn’t read it it’s that I didn’t understand some of the verbiage at the time and now that I do I just wanted it corrected,” she tweeted in response to a fan who blamed Meg for her current situation, assuming she signed without reading the contract.

After taking to Instagram live to explain her situation, revealing that her label wasn’t allowing her to release any music. She even tweeted, “#FREEMEG #FREETHESTALLION,” as tons of fans rallied behind her in support.

However, hours later, Meg updated fans on Twitter writing, “NEW MUSIC WILL BE DROPPING.”

Now, in the wake of the sudden change, it’s been revealed that Meg is suing 1501 and its founder, Carl Crawford, for $1 million. She also reportedly filed for a temporary restraining order in an attempt to release music.

As a result, according to The Blast, the judge granted part of Meg’s TRO, which will allow her to release new music in the coming days.

The restraining order also prevents them from speaking negatively about or abusing Meg on social media in any way.

“We are very happy the Court granted our TRO and thrilled that the world should be able to now hear Megan’s new music on March 6. We will now proceed with the other claims set forth in the [lawsuit],” Richard Busch, Meg’s attorney, told TMZ.

The lawsuit also reveals specific details from her contract stating that 1501 receives 60% of her recording income while she receives the other 40%. The label also receives all funds from any appearances and live shows.

However, the costs for featured artists, mixing, engineers, etc. come directly from her wallet.

While the label is supposed to give Meg an accounting of income and costs, Meg claims the label has been, “purposefully and deceptively vague,” which originally cause her to request the contract to be renegotiated.

The lawsuit also reveals that upon signing to the label, Meg only received a $10,000 bonus.

Elsewhere in the lawsuit, Megan also claims that Crawford and Rap-A-Lot Records founder J. Prince have been “intimidating” and pressuring artists to give them beats.⠀⠀

“Prince is notorious in the industry for strong-armed intimidation tactics, and the comment was taken as a physical threat of harm,” the lawsuit alleges.

Meg also believes that J. Prince has been trying to sabotage the ‘Fever’ rapper with an ‘online smear campaign.’

Meg is not suing J. Prince.

About Blair

Check Also

flying car

Flying Car Gets Fully Certified To Fly In Slovakia; Likely Available For Purchase Next Year

Slovakia has approved a flying car marking a significant step forward in the years-long process …

Leave a Reply