Ladies this is one of my favorite Italian dishes and I have always wanted to make it. Imade it for sunday dinner and it was a hit!!!! It was extremely easy to cook and Mr. Man was impressed it looks a lot more difficult to make than it is. Bon Appetit!
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3-5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
I can of canned clams
Pinch of crushed red pepper
1 cup dry white wine
1 bottle of clam juice
2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes ( i prefer to use roma tomatoes or whatever is the freshest and deepest red)
1½ (about 2 dozen)pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound linguine, cooked to al dente (To get flavor I boil my pasta in chicken stock)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 loaf crusty bread, sliced ( I am a garlic addict I make a mean Garlic Bread)
1. Heat the oil in a medium stockpot over high heat. Add garlic and anchovy and cook for a minute.
2. Add crushed red pepper and cook for a few seconds.
3. Add white wine, canned clams and clam juice and cook until wine reduces by half, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the clams, cover the pot and cook until the clams open, discarding any that do not. Remove the clams with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
5. Bring the liquid that the clams have cooked in to a boil over high heat and cook until reduced by half; season with salt and pepper. Return the clams to this mixture.
6. Stir in the pasta, parsley and basil until combined.