It feels like ever since Donald Trump became President Trump there has been constant drama. And here is the latest on the one the stories.
According to an email from the congressional investigators; in September 2016, an email was received by then-candidate Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and others in his organization, giving a decryption key and website address for a WikiLeaks documents. The subject line of the email was appropriately titled,”Trump: Another WikiLeaks DNC Upload.”⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Here is what happened so far, according to NBC:
1.The email was sent on September 14 during the final bit of the 2016 election and on September 13th WikiLeaks tweeted links to about 678.4 megabytes of DNC documents.
2.The Yahoo email was sent by a man named Michael Erickson, who according to reports say is the president of an aviation management company. However, Trump Jr claims he has never heard of this man before.
3. Alan S. Futerfas, who is Trump Jr.s’ lawyer said in a statement that the email “arrived after published media reports disclosed 12 hours earlier that hacked documents had been posted. The suggestion that this information was not public is false. The writer is unknown to us. The email was never read or responded to – and the House Intelligence Committee knows this.”
4.Trump Jr was questioned by the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday about the matter and he told investigators he does not recall that September email.
5. By the time the email was sent, it was widely known that Democratic emails were hacked into to by the Russians and allegations that they were turned over to WikiLeaks. Thus the reason President Trump kept praising WikiLeaks.
6. Trump Jr. released a series of direct messages from his Twitter account behind the WikiLeaks website with his responses. The messages were from September 2016 to July 2017.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
7.Trump Jr. turned the messages over to congressional committees who were investigating Russian involvement in the last election.
8.Julian Assange who is the founder of WikiLeaks tweeted that it was “not clear what this has to do with @WikiLeaks.”⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
9. The timeline is kind of funky. The email came two months after the DNC hacked emails, a month before WikiLeaks leaked Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s hacked emails and a week before WikiLeaks messaged Trump Jr. via Twitter.
10. It is not known if the email is linked to Trump Jr.s’ Twitter DMs ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The White House has not commented on this particular event. One thing is for sure, there is only more to come on this never-ending story. And hopefully, we get to the bottom of it very soon.