Once again, LaVar Ball is taking matters into his own hands. Although the Big Baller’s decision to take control went well for his eldest son, Lonzo Ball, critics are not so sure it will work for his youngest, LaMelo. But, as expected, Ball couldn’t care less about the naysayers or critics.
On Monday in a phone call, LaVar said he will be pulling his 16-year-old son out of Chino Hills High School to home-school and train him. “I’m going to make him the best basketball player ever,” he said.
Although LaMelo had been the star of the high school team, scoring 92 points in a game last season, LaVar had been concerned about the team’s new coach, Dennis Latimore.
“I’m not dealing with the coach over there. I’m not dealing with the administration over there. I don’t want no distractions on Melo. So therefore I’m going to home school him and make him the best basketball player ever,” LaVar said. “It’s a new coach and I don’t like him one bit. He’s on track for UCLA, but he doesn’t have to be dealing with those knuckleheads. I’m not letting them mess with his head anymore. You can put that on the principal and the coach over there.”
“That coach has his own frame of mind on how he wants to play and who he picks in the team. Ok, ya’ll got all that going on, let’s see how you do without my tutelage,” LaVar said, as the Southern California gyms would sell out with the Ball brothers on the court. “Without me training those players at my house. It seems like anybody whose training over here that coach don’t want him in the team.”
But now, with LaVar pulling LaMelo out of school, he feels this will be a better move for his son.
“It’s good for Melo,” LaVar said. “Less distractions. He just needs to focus.”