It’s #420! The day we celebrate everything marijuana. If you have any special plans or you plan on inviting friends over for a movie and smoke session, here are some classic films that will leave you lifted and laughing.
1. How High (2001)- How High has easily become a smoker’s go-to movie; it stars #MethodMan and #Redman. The two characters end up accidentally smoking their best friend’s magic ashes, which then allows them to see friend. Method and Red use that power to pass the SAT’s and get into college.
2. Friday Trilogy (1995 – 2002)-I mean, do you really need to be high to watch these three hilarious films? The #Friday trilogy which is jam-packed with stars including #IceCube, #ChrisTucker, #MikeEpps, #ReginaKing and so many more. The franchise is based off two friends who end up having to find a way to save their lives after a drug dealer demands his money back. The films have now featured several adventures with a pimp and his shop, an angry baby mama and a family barbecue business. Getting fired on your day off has led to exciting events.
3. Pineapple Express (2008)- A true high times classic Pineapple Express tells the story of a man and his drug dealer who become entangled in a murder after witnessing the crime. Now they have to escape the pursuit of a crooked cop and a drug lord. The movie stars Seth Rogen and #JamesFranco.
4. Cheech and Chong’s: Up In Smoke (1978)- Tucked away in the marijuana movie vault is Cheech and Chong’s: Up In Smoke. This film follows the misadventures of an unemployed smoker and an amateur drummer as they journey on the road after leaving home and their strict parents. The film stars #CheechMarin and #TommyChong.
5. Half-Baked (1998)- Imagine having to sell stolen weed from a pharmaceutical lab to bail your friend out of jail because he killed a New York police horse by feeding it junk food. That’s the story of Half-Baked, which stars #DaveChappelle.
6. Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (2004)- The infamous tale of two friends who get so high while watching TV and become hungry for #WhiteCastle after seeing a commercial for the restaurant. The two’s journey ends up leading them to meet some strange characters. The film stars #JohnCho and #KalPenn.
7. The Wash (2001)- #SnoopDogg and #DrDre, what more can you ask for in a movie? The two rappers turned actors play two car wash workers who have to work together to save the shop’s owner after he was kidnapped.
8. Dazed and Confused (1993)-This is coming-of-age film follows the mayhem of group of rowdy teenagers in Austin, Texas, celebrating the last day of high school in 1976. It stars #MatthewMcConaughey, #BenAfleck and more.
9. Superbad (2007)- Before heading off to college these two high school seniors have one goal: get laid. But they run into several adventures which include almost getting beat up by a girl’s boyfriend, illegally buying alcohol and befriending crooked police. The film stars #JonahHill, #SethRogen, #EmmaStone and more.
10. Napoleon Dynamite (2004)- This movie is an overall classic that will have you laughing until it hurts. #NapoleonDynamite tells the story of a socially awkward, yet confident high school outcast who sets out to get his friend elected as class president.