2-Year-Old Kentucky Boy Overdoses On Sleeping Mother’s Fentanyl

According to law enforcement officials, a 2-year-old Northern Kentucky boy is dead, and his mother in custody after the boy ingested her fentanyl.

Ludlow police and fire departments responded to calls for a child not breathing around 3:34 p.m. on Thursday, according to Cincinnati.com. When first responders arrived, they found the boy in respiratory arrest. He was taken to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The boy had been home with his mother, Ashley Baker, 33, who admitted to getting fentanyl in Cincinnati last Saturday. She brought it back to her Ludlow home and shared it with two other people. At some point on Thursday, Baker “took a shot” of fentanyl and fell asleep. While she was sleeping, the toddler got into her purse and consumed some of the drugs. 

Baker woke up to find the child unresponsive. The boy’s father arrived at the house and called 911.

Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders said on Friday that while the boy ingested fentanyl, it cannot be confirmed if it was eaten, according to WXIX. Sanders told the outlet that even touching it could be lethal, especially to a young child.

Baker is charged with murder, importing fentanyl, and trafficking in a controlled substance.

About ErinBoogie

Check Also

Brianna Hamblin

Viral Video Shows Reporter Being Harassed As She Waits To Go On Air

A video that went viral on social media showed a local news reporter in Rochester, …

Leave a Reply