6ix9ine Pens Letter To Judge Ahead of His Sentencing, Says He Feels “Relieved”

Tekashi 6ix9ine penned a letter to the federal court judge in his racketeering case, in which the rapper expressed a sense of relief that he’s finally escaped gang life.

According to a legal letter obtained by Page Six, the 23-year-old rapper also expressed remorse over his actions that led up to his 2018 arrest. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

6ix9ine told Manhattan federal court judge Paul Engelmayer that he had spent the last year of his life behind bars reflecting on his time with the Nine Trey street gang.

“I find it difficult to find the right words to express what my life has been like for the last year,” he wrote in the letter. “It honestly feels like my world is crashing down. There is no excuse, no justification, and no apology good enough in this world to explain my crimes … I wake up every morning asking myself, was it worth it? I know that my life will never be the same, but hopefully, this change will be for the better because beyond all of this, I still consider myself a role model to millions of people as an artist, a celebrity, and as a human being.”

The rapper revealed that he felt stuck in #ganglife as a suspected Nine Trey member. But, he believes his highly publicized case will now serve as a cautionary tale about the consequences of gang life, and hopes it will discourage young people from affiliating with criminal organizations.

He reiterated accusations against his co-defendants, all who are suspected Nine Trey members, explaining that they kidnapped him and stole thousands of dollars, and claimed one had a sexual relationship with the mother of his child. 6ix9ine suggested he was thankful and relieved that his crimes were brought to light and that he was put behind bars, as his time in jail has saved his life.

“I had a feeling of relief when I was arrested by the Government because I felt stuck, like the gang had control of my life and that I would never be able to escape their grip. I needed to do something before it was too late,” he continued.

The rapper also apologized to his fans, family, and the victims who were affected by his crimes.

“I’m truly sorry for the hard that I’ve cause,” he wrote. “If given a second chance, I will not let this Court down, and I will dedicate a portion of my life to helping others not make the same mistakes that I’ve made.”

The Brooklyn rapper is facing a minimum of 47 years behind bars, after pleading guilty to nine counts of racketeering, firearms offenses, and drug trafficking back in February. Prosecutors have requested a reduced sentence due to his cooperation with authorities. He’s scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 18.

6ix9ine pens letter
Instagram

About Regan

Blogging since 2006, Regan has written for numerous online publications including YoRaps.com, BallerAlert.com and her own online labor of love Honeygrip.com. In 2010, as her alter-ego Honeygrip, Regan was the gossip correspondent for controversial radio personalities Star & Bucwild. Each experience not only thickened her skin but it introduced her to a new passion, the new realm of ‘social media’.

Check Also

Donald Trump amd Pence

At Least Five Of Mike Pence’s Aides Test Positive For COVID-19

Five of Vice President Mike Pence’s team staff members have tested positive for the coronavirus. …

Leave a Reply