Marking the 20th anniversary of the tragic 9/11 terror attack, Oscar-winning Mark Boal is set to write and produce a new limited series premiering on ABC.
He plans to adapt Mitchel Zuckoff’s book ‘Fall And Rise: The Story Of 9/11,’ according to Hollywood Reporter.
The network announced earlier this month that they are developing the nonfiction book as a limited series for 2021, 20 years after the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C., which ultimately killed almost 3,000 people.
Zuckoff will also stand as executive producer on the project with Boal, along with Erwin Stoff and Richard Abate of 3 Arts Entertainment, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“I can’t imagine a more perfect home for this project,” Zuckoff said once ABC announced it was developing the series. “On 9/11, millions of people learned about the attacks by turning to ABC. I have complete faith that the network will enable us to bring new and enhanced life to the stories I was privileged to tell in Fall and Rise.”
Others in support including Jan Ramirez, chief curator of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, said the book is “beautifully constructed and perfectly paced.”
“We can see ourselves reflected in the mirror of the lives that Zuckoff has restored through rigorous research, sensitive listening and artful storytelling,” Ramirez stated. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“Infused with empathy, Fall and Rise dignifies not only the individuals profiled in this book but all who were violated by the terrorist attacks of 9/11.”
With that being said, it seems everyone deeply involved believes Boal and his partners will do the limited series justice.