Jeezy treated a Georgia family to Thanksgiving dinner after they lost their home in a fire.
The Natt family consists of 16 members, who were removed from their home after a fire brought their Marietta house to the ground on Nov 19. The fire took place just four days after parents, Victoria and Tavares, brought home a baby girl, their 14th child.
As Thanksgiving crept around the corner, the family knew this year wouldn’t be like the last. But thanks to Atlanta-based rapper #Jeezy, the family still was able to gather for their holiday meal – at no cost to them. On Thursday, Jeezy catered the family’s entire meal at another family member’s residence and provided the family with gifts during their home’s restoration.
Victoria Natt, the mother, was shocked to see Jeezy walk through her mother-in-law’s front door. “I didn’t believe it. I still can’t believe it,” Natt said. Just a few days before, Victoria had just given birth to her new baby girl. The fire started around 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday, and her husband had to return to the fire to rescue the child. “I’m very grateful to have all my kids with me. Because I don’t know what I’d do without them,” she said.
In addition to the Thanksgiving dinner, Jeezy told the family he would also foot the bill for the hotel they’d been staying in until next year. Jeezy said giving back is what Atlanta does best. “Being a part of the community. We’re all we got. So we’re consistently looking out for each other. That’s what Atlanta’s all about,” he said.