A former Playboy model has filed a new sexual assault lawsuit against Bill Cosby.
On Thursday, Victoria Valentino filed a lawsuit against the 85-year-old comedian, alleging that he drugged and raped her in 1969. The case came following the implementation of California’s Sexual Abuse and Cover-Up Accountability Act on January 1st. The law has temporarily extended the statute of limitations for adult survivors of sexual assault.
In a statement provided to Fox News Digital, a spokesperson for Cosby criticized the newly enacted law.
“Victoria Valentino has skirted from town to town promoting her alleged allegations against Mr. Cosby to anyone that would give her platform, without any proof or facts,” Andrew Wyatt said. “It’s unfortunate that media has not vetted the inconsistencies in her many statements.”
Having previously spoken out about her allegations against the comedian, the model also attended his sentencing in 2021. Valentino expressed that she felt a sense of empowerment when she came forward with her accusations against Cosby.
“Initially, it triggered a lot of PTSD. But after speaking out, you feel lighter,” Valentino said. “You don’t even realize how much weight you had pulling you down, how much you’ve been carrying around with you. You also don’t realize how much it affects your relationships with other people, including your loved ones… It feels wonderful to feel encouraged and empowered to speak out. And in turn, you’re encouraging and empowering other survivors to share their truths.”
After the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his conviction in October 2021, citing the binding agreement made by the previous prosecutor not to charge Cosby, he was released from prison. The case did not reach the U.S. Supreme Court as they declined to hear it in March 2022.