Brooklyn Woman Says She Was Sickened By Bleach From Minibar At Dominican Resort Where Three Others Have Died

Brooklyn Woman, Awilda Montes, claims a minibar soda left her violently ill and spewing blood at the same Dominican Resort where three American guests died recently.

Montes, 43, who vacationed at the Grand Bahia Principe Resort in La Romana back in October 2018, told the NY Post that management offered her a complimentary couples massage to keep her from reporting the incident.

Montes said she drank a soda that tasted like bleach soon after she and her then-boyfriend checked into a luxury room at the Grand Bahia Principe.

She recalled that she went to a stocked minibar and grabbed a bottle of soda, which she asked her boyfriend to open for her since it was sealed tight.

“When I took a swig of it, I swallowed a tiny bit of it, and when I held it there I realized it was tingling in my mouth and then it started burning,” she said.

“I ran to the bathroom sink and spit it out and it was all blood.”

She immediately called to her boyfriend, shouting, “This is bleach, this is bleach.”

Montes said her tongue was bleeding and mucous contained blood after drinking the mysterious soda. The hotel medic was called and she was given an IV.

“They were very fast to take the bottle away from me,” she remembered.

They arranged for her to see a hotel medic, who gave her IV fluids, and when the couple returned to the room, staffers told her the poisonous soda must have been an “accidental mix-up.”

Montes claims the hotel tried to get her to sign a disclaimer in exchange for a complimentary dinner on the beach, a couples massage or two free nights’ stay but she refused to sign.

At first, Montes said, she bought the hotel’s excuse that the incident was an “accidental mixup” by a housekeeping employee — but now she has doubts.

“Now I’m wondering if it was on purpose, by a disgruntled employee,” who was angry with management or their own situation.

Montes is joining the growing number of people demanding an intensive probe into what could be the real cause of these mysterious deaths.

“I want them to know that they could have done something to prevent this because they’ve known this since my incident back in October and they should be held accountable,” Montes said.

A rep for the hotel didn’t immediately respond to comment.

Meanwhile, Montes’ sister has reached out to the family of 41-year-old Miranda Schaup-Werner who authorities said died from a heart attack at the resort on May 25.

Facebook

About Regan

Blogging since 2006, Regan has written for numerous online publications including YoRaps.com, BallerAlert.com and her own online labor of love Honeygrip.com. In 2010, as her alter-ego Honeygrip, Regan was the gossip correspondent for controversial radio personalities Star & Bucwild. Each experience not only thickened her skin but it introduced her to a new passion, the new realm of ‘social media’.

Check Also

coronavirus antibodies

Texas Surgeon Says Coronavirus Lungs Look Worse Than The Worst Smoker’s Lungs

A Texas surgeon says post-Covid lungs are worse than the worst smoker’s lungs.  Dr. Brittany …

Leave a Reply