Doctors are urging users not to attempt the #OneChipChallenge on social media, as it is causing individuals to end up in the hospital.
“This year’s high voltage chip contains the super-charged Carolina Reaper Pepper and stinging Scorpion Pepper with a shocking twist, it’ll turn your tongue BLUE,” the Paqui website reads.
“Oh no,” the girl says after taking her first bite. “Chew it!” someone yells from the background. “Fifty bucks. Do the rest,” another person yells.
In a follow-up video, the girl said she bet the $50 she could eat the chip and explained that she later burst into tears from the pain.
Eventually, she was taken to the hospital, where she was given medication to ease her stomach pains.
According to KBTX, one Texas student lost consciousness and began having seizures.
Dr. Gaylord Lopez with the Georgia Poison Control Center has warned that eating the chips can cause serious harm.