Father & Son Duo Officially Charged in Shooting Death of PnB Rock

Father & Son Duo Officially Charged in Shooting Death of PnB Rock

A father-son duo has been officially charged in the murder of rapper PnB Rock.

Freddie Lee Trone, who is still on the run, and his unidentified 17-year-old son were charged Thursday with one count of murder and conspiracy to commit robbery, along with two counts of second-degree robbery, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Trone’s wife and stepmom to the teen, Shauntel Trone, was charged with one count of accessory after the fact.

Both the teen and Shauntel were taken into custody on Tuesday, while Freddie remains outstanding.

As previously reported, PnB Rock, whose real name is Rakim Allen, was shot and killed while eating with his girlfriend at a Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles restaurant in South LA on September 12.

“The murder of Mr. Allen dimmed a bright light in the lives of his fans, friends and most importantly his family,” District Attorney George Gascón said in a statement. “The accused individuals’ alleged actions in this case were heartless and cruel and robbed the world of Mr. Allen’s talents.”

Authorities say Trone and his son were already in the parking lot when the rapper arrived at the restaurant. Police believe the 17-year-old was the shooter and his father drove the getaway car.

Sources also say the suspects burned the vehicle after the murder.

About Simone

Simone is an award-winning communications professional with over seven years of experience. Her passion for writing has led her to serve as Editor-in-Chief at Baller Alert. In her free time, she enjoys trying new restaurants and traveling (to mostly tropical destinations.)

Check Also

Ice Cube Says Warner Bros. Won't Hand Over Rights to 'Friday' Franchise

Ice Cube Says Warner Bros. Won’t Hand Over Rights to ‘Friday’ Franchise, and He’s Not Buying Them: “It’s My Movie”

Ice Cube is currently fighting for the rights to the Friday movie franchise. The producer …

Leave a Reply