Health Officials Issue Warning After Missouri Man Dies From Eating Raw Oysters From a Food Stand
A plate of fresh oysters

Health Officials Issue Warning After Missouri Man Dies From Eating Raw Oysters From a Food Stand

Health officials have issued a warning following the death of a Missouri man who consumed raw oysters from a food stand.

On Friday, the St. Louis County Department of Public Health released a health alert to inform the public about the 54-year-old man’s demise.

According to a report by Fox 2 Now, the oysters in question were purchased from Fruit Stand & Seafood near Manchester.

In a news release, health officials stated, “There is no evidence suggesting that the business contaminated the oysters; they were likely contaminated prior to being received by the establishment.” They also mentioned that all remaining oysters had been discarded.

Local health officials reported that the 54-year-old passed away last Thursday due to a Vibrio vulnificus infection.

Based on the CDC’s guidelines for such bacteria, the majority of Vibrio infections originating from oysters typically result in minor symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea.

However, Vibrio vulnificus can cause more severe illnesses, with up to 30% of cases proving fatal.  Individuals with weakened immune systems are particularly susceptible.  Symptoms of this infection may include fever, abdominal cramping, and other related issues.

 

About Iesha

Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

Check Also

James Brown Investigation

James Brown’s Daughters Detail Why They Chose To Forgive Their Father For Abusing Their Mother [Video]

James Brown‘s daughters explain the reasons behind their forgiveness after witnessing their mother being physically …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading