High School Student Accused of Sexual Assault Transferred to Another School, Accused of Same - Baller Alert

High School Student Accused of Sexual Assault Transferred to Another School, Accused of Same

A Loudoun County, Virginia high school student accused of sexually assaulting a female student, was transferred to another school and charged with committing the same crime there.

The first alleged incident happened in May at Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn.

The second is said to have happened in October at Broad Run High School, NBC News reported.

Parents were outraged and shared their opinions at a heated board meeting earlier this week. Apparently, the suspect was allowed to transfer to Broad Run after the first incident.

Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney Buta Biberaj said the same teen had been charged for both incidents.

Purportedly the teen was wearing an electronic monitor when he committed the second assault.

In a press release, the local sheriff’s office stated that it had been alerted of the first assault by a school staff member. From there, a “thorough investigation and evidentiary analysis” was launched.

“Once the elements of a crime were determined, on July 8, 2021, a 14-year-old male was arrested in the case with two counts of forcible sodomy,” the sheriff’s office said of the first incident.

According to police, the boy was arrested, and the case was turned over to Biberaj’s office to determine if he should stay in the juvenile detention center or be released.

The second incident occurred on October 6. “The investigation determined on the afternoon of October 6, the 15-year-old suspect forced the victim into an empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her,” authorities said. “The victim immediately reported the incident to a Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer.”

He was arrested and charged with sexual battery and abduction, for that matter.

Biberaj told WTOP that prosecutors have 21 days from the time a juvenile is charged and detained to either resolve the case or release the suspect.

“When 21 days was about to expire, we hadn’t gotten the DNA analysis — and it was necessary to have that to establish one of the charges. So, we had to either try it without the DNA and run the risk of not making that case, or ask the court for additional time,” Biberaj told the news station.

It is unclear if the boy has been released.

About Crystal Gross

Crystal joined BallerAlert in 2020 to renew her passion for writing. She is a Kentucky native who now lives in the heart of Atlanta. She enjoys reading, politics, traveling, and of course writing.

Check Also

M&Ms

M&M’s Gives Its Characters A “Fresh, Modern Take” In New Redesign

M&M’s is rebranding their famous M&M characters, changing them all slightly to align with today’s …

Leave a Reply