Jason Momoa is standing in solidarity with Ray Fisher’s call to look into the alleged abuse that happened on the set of reshoots of the Justice League movie.
On Monday, Momoa took to Twitter and wrote, “THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP AND NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT #ray8fisher AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO EXPERIENCED WHAT HAPPEN UNDER THE WATCH OF #wbpictures NEEDS PROPER INVESTIGATION.” The actor’s words come after Momoa’s co-star Ray Fisher accused #JossWhedon, who oversaw the 2017 film’s reshoots, of being abusive on set. Fisher also said that producers Jon Berg and Geoff Johns allowed Whedon’s behavior to go on.
Last month, WarnerMedia announced that it launched a probe into the allegations. But on Sept. 4, Warner Bros released a statement claiming Fisher was not cooperating with the investigation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Fisher denied that claim with his own statement. Momoa has yet to share any specifics about the alleged behavior on the set. But amid the back and forth, word got out that Momoa would be working with Berg and Johns again for Warner Bros. film “Frosty the Snowman.” However, Momoa says the news of the film leaked as a distraction, highlighting that the news about him came out a little more than 90 minutes after Fisher made his allegations on Twitter, the outlet reports.
“I just think it’s fucked up that people released a fake Frosty announcement without my permission to try to distract from Ray Fisher speaking up about the shitty way we were treated on Justice League reshoots. Serious stuff went down. It needs to be investigated, and people need to be held accountable. #IStandWithRayFisher. aloha j,” wrote the actor.
On July 1, Fisher wrote,” ‘[Whedon’s] on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable. He was enabled, in many ways, by [producers] Geoff Johns and Jon Berg,” said Fisher on Twitter. Berg denied the claims, but Johns and Whedon have yet to speak out.