Written By @cabbagepatchgrl
A representative for Jeffrey Epstein’s victim compensation fund has said that they have received 50 claims from women who have already started to receive their payouts.
The program went into effect on June 25 and is being run by Epstein’s $634 million estate.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the fund said that “More than 50 individuals have filed claims so far and more than 140 have received a claims packet.” They said, “Compensation offers are currently being issued and paid.”
The compensation fund offers a private forum where women can say they had been sexually abused by the convicted-pedophile, Jeffrey Epstein. The women will be able to receive compensation without having to fight their cause cases publicly in court.
According to fund administrator Jordana Feldman, there is no cap on payouts for the victims. She does expect that “they will run from the thousands to the millions.”
In August 2019, Epstein committed suicide in a Manhattan jail cell while awaiting his trial for sex-trafficking charges.