Thursday, Jonathan Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry released text messages sent by his alleged victim that back up his claims that he did not assault her.
Chaudhry claims the woman in question sent a series of text messages to the “Creed III” star following his arrest over the weekend, “admitting that she was the one who used physical force against him,” TMZ reports.
Baller Alert obtained a copy of the alleged text messages sent by Majors’ girlfriend.
“They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and knew we had a fight,” the woman wrote in the first text.
“I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone,” she added.
Hours later, the woman sent Majors’ another message.
“They just called again to check on me and I reiterated how this was not an attack and they do not have my blessing on any charges being placed,” the alleged text reads. “I read the paper they gave me about strangulation and I said point blank this did not occur and should be removed immediately. The judge is definitely going to be told this.”
The message continues: “I know you have the best team and there’s nothing to worry about I just want you to know that I’m doing all I can my end. I also said to tell the judge to know that the origin of the call was to do with me collapsing and passing out and your worry as my partner due to our communication prior. She promised all will be relayed.”
As previously reported, Majors was arrested over the weekend and subsequently charged with misdemeanor assault, aggravated harassment, attempted assault, and harassment after his girlfriend allegedly saw another woman texting him and tried to look at his phone.