In an upcoming documentary, titled “Thomas Markle: My Story,” Meghan Markle‘s estranged father accuses his daughter of destroying Britain’s royal family with her decision to distance herself from the palace and its financial support, alongside her husband, Harry.
The elder Markle has been very critical of the couple’s decision to live independently, claiming that both Harry and Meghan are making a mockery of the royal family who he refers to as “one of the greatest long-living institutions ever.”
“They are turning it into a Walmart with a crown on it now. It is something that is ridiculous; they shouldn’t be doing this,” he said.
Markle plans to testify against his daughter in an upcoming UK case stemming from the lawsuit that Meghan filed last year against the Mail on Sunday newspaper after they unlawfully published a personal letter that she had written to her father, according to CNN.
He also claims to have been humiliated by the current actions of the couple, who have both been stripped of their royal titles.
“Apparently, $3 million on a 26-bedroom home isn’t enough for them. It’s kind of embarrassing to me,” he revealed.
The 75-year-old has been estranged from his daughter since failing to show up to her wedding in May of 2018. He contributed his absence to heart problems. However, the alleged heart conditions did not stop him from staging photos in a deal he made with paparazzi.⠀⠀⠀⠀
“I think both of them are turning into lost souls at this point,” he said.
UK’s Channel 5 will air the documentary in the upcoming weeks.