NBA star Miles Bridges claims his estranged wife and domestic violence accuser is stalking him, and it’s stressing him out.
The restricted free agent requested a restraining order against Mychelle Johnson, with whom he shares two children. In court documents obtained by TMZ, Bridges accused Johnson of harassment despite her claims that he abused her. In one confrontation that reportedly occurred in October, Miles said Johnson followed him and his friends from a hookah lounge and remained parked in his driveway for six hours. In another run-in, Johnson allegedly showed up at Bridges’ Airbnb and demanded that he speak to her. However, the 24-year-old said he went inside the house to avoid Johnson, as they currently have protective orders in place.
Johnson then attempted to enter the home, but when she couldn’t, she snatched his dog and fled. The couple’s children were inside her car during this incident. Part of this incident was also captured on surveillance video. In a third incident that occurred two days after Bridges’ court hearing, Bridges said he was forced to call the cops after Johnson showed up at his Airbnb and “stood outside the home antagonizing me and refusing to leave.” Once the officers arrived, Johnson left without incident.
But now, Bridges says the entire ordeal has left him with emotional distress and anxiety.
In July, Bridges was charged with one felony count of injuring a child’s parent and two felony counts of child abuse after Johnson accused him of beating her in front of their children. According to her hospital discharge paperwork, she sustained a concussion, fractured nose, multiple bruises, and had been strangled.
On Thursday, November 3rd, Bridges pleaded no contest to the domestic violence charges as part of a plea deal. He was sentenced to three years of probation, bringing the case to a close as he gears up to take on his ex.
A restraining order has not yet been issued against Johnson.