Following shocking incest allegations, Ricky Martin’s 21-year-old nephew’s protection order against the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer has been dismissed.
On Thursday, Martin’s attorneys said that the Puerto Rico courts did not extend Yadiel Sanchez’s temporary protection order, just as they had “anticipated.”
“The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter,” said lawyers Joaquín Monserrate Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila, and Harry Massanet Pastrana.
“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case. This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them.”
“We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and career,” the attorneys said in their closing statement.
View this post on Instagram
Earlier this month, Martin received a domestic violence-related restraining order, but his accuser’s identity was unknown at the time.
According to the initial reports, the alleged victim claimed he dated the “She Bangs” singer for seven months before splitting up with him two months ago. The star refused to accept the breakup and showed up at the petitioner’s home at least three times after that.
The singer, who has been married to artist Jwan Yosef since 2017, would be “fully vindicated,” according to Martin’s representatives, who promptly refuted the allegations.
Eric previously admitted on Facebook Live that his nephew has mental health problems and has been estranged from their family for a considerable time.
Ricky later captioned a photo of his attorneys’ announcement of his court victory on Thursday with the statement “Truth prevails.”