On April 22, Digital Underground founder Shock G was discovered unresponsive in a Tampa, Florida hotel room, sending shivers down the Hip Hop community’s spine. After all, DMX and Black Rob had died in the same month, and the triple whammy was a tough pill to swallow.
Shock G’s father, Edward Racker, pledged at the time of his death that an autopsy would be performed to ascertain the cause of death, and he has kept his word. According to TMZ, Shock G died of an accidental drug overdose.
According to the Hillsborough County medical examiner, shock G’s system was overwhelmed by a fatal cocktail of fentanyl, ethanol (alcohol), and methamphetamine. Around 2:20 p.m. local time, he was pronounced dead.