An 11-year-old boy may have died during a New Year’s party due to the smell of fish.
Camron Jean-Pierre’s father, Steven, explained to New York police that they arrived at his family’s house to celebrate the new year. One dish being prepared for the gathering was fish, which Camron was allergic to. Not thinking simply smelling the dish would affect his son, the possibility of a severe reaction went overlooked.
Once the family realized the young boy’s odd symptoms, they told WCBS they immediately hooked him up to a breathing machine. Unfortunately, things still went awry.
Jean-Pierre said, “I don’t know. For some reason, he was saying it wasn’t working. He kept telling me, ‘I’m not able to breathe.’”
An ambulance was called when Camron lost consciousness after 15 minutes. His father went further on to explain that he tried to give him CPR. The breathing technique briefly revived his son, restarting his heart. However, he admitted he “didn’t know how to keep pumping him” when he woke up.
Camron sadly passed in the ambulance on his way to the hospital, but not before giving his father two kisses and saying his last words, “Daddy, I love you. I love you.”