The Bail Project Shuts Down After Suspect Bails Out and Shoots at Vegas Man

The Bail Project Shuts Down After Suspect Bails Out and Shoots Vegas Man

The Bail Project has closed its doors after a lawsuit was filed by a man who was shot by a serial criminal who was bailed out by the organization.
According to reports, the bailout organization was backed by celebrities like John Legend, Danny Glover, and Richard Branson.
The incident occurred last year after the organization posted a $3,000 bail for Rashawn Gaston-Anderson. Gaston-Anderson had been arrested for burglary, among other crimes, including attempted grand theft, carrying a concealed weapon, at least one felony burglary, and auto theft in November 2021. By December, Gaston-Anderson was bailed out and released.
Six days after his release, Gaston-Anderson walked into the Shanghai Taste restaurant and shot Las Vegas resident Chengyan Wang seven times. Fortunately, the victim survived but not without long-lasting injuries.
The suspect initially managed to escape but was arrested on December 20. Several months later, Gaston-Anderson accepted a plea deal and was subsequently sentenced to 7-18 years in prison for attempted robbery, mayhem, and using a deadly weapon. Now, as a result, the victim has filed a suit.
The lawsuit says the bailout organization failed to do its due diligence before posting Gaston-Anderson’s bail.
“One can say, in a sense, they are vouching for the person.” said the Clark County DA who prosecuted Gaston-Anderson.

The incident was described as “an absolute tragedy” by The Bail Project, which has posted bonds for 51 people in the Las Vegas area since 2021.

According to reports, The Bail Project broke the law by failing to register with the Nevada Division of Insurance.

The Bail Project Shuts Down After Suspect Bails Out and Shoots at Vegas Man
author avatar
Iesha
Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

About Iesha

Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

Check Also

50 Cent's New G-Unit Studios Is Open For Business & There Are Several Stories We Hope He'll Tackle

50 Cent’s New G-Unit Studios Is Open For Business & There Are Several Stories We Hope He’ll Tackle

50 Cent has officially expanded his television empire by launching his G-Unit Studios in Shreveport, Louisiana.  …

One comment

  1. I’m really sorry to hear this!!

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading