It’s that time of year again! We all know of at least one person who goes all out for the holidays, but there’s something special, even magical about Christmas. As we prepare for the upcoming family gatherings, workplace parties and endless gift shopping, what songs are a “must hear” on your holiday playlist? Here’s a list of the Top 10 Christmas songs that are sure to get us in the holiday spirit. If you don’t see your favorite song, list it below in the comments! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. “This Christmas” and “This X-Mas”- Donny Hathaway/Chris Brown/ Chris Brown and Ella Mai, because we cant pick just one. All of these versions are our favorites.
2. “All I Want For Christmas”- Mariah Carey, hands down this song is a must hear!
3. “Sleigh Ride”- TLC, a forever bop.
4. “8 Days of Christmas”- Destiny’s Child, definitely makes the cut.
5. “Santa Baby”- Eartha Kitt, this queen gave us the blueprint for a sultry and lavish wish list.
6. “Silent Night”- The Temptations, don’t worry, you’re not the only one still trying to hit those high notes.
7. “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”- The Jackson Five, who doesn’t get excited over young Michael’s superstar energy.
8. “Joy To The World”, “I Believe In You And Me”- Whitney Houston, no explanation needed. Honestly, just go watch “The Preachers Wife” and listen to the entire soundtrack, twice.
9. “The Christmas Song”- Nat King Cole, nostalgic sound for the old souls.
10. “Christmas In Hollis”- Run DMC, a hip hop classic.
11. “Let It Snow”- Boys 2 Men, the most romantic Christmas song. (Honorable mention, the Kissie Lee and Jacquees version).
12. “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”- Luther Vandross
13. “Someday At Christmas”- Stevie Wonder
14. “Rudolph The Red-nose Reindeer”- The Temptations