Baller Alert
  • Home
    • News
    • Entertainment
    • The Baller Alert Show
    • Baller Alert Lists
    • Baller Alert Exclusives
    • Let Me Liv
    • Ballerific Music
    • That’s Baller
    • Fashion
    • Metaverse
    • Tech
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Op-Ed
    • Travel
    • Health
  • EVENTS
  • Videos
  • Shop
  • About
  • Political News
  • en español
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • News
    • Entertainment
    • The Baller Alert Show
    • Baller Alert Lists
    • Baller Alert Exclusives
    • Let Me Liv
    • Ballerific Music
    • That’s Baller
    • Fashion
    • Metaverse
    • Tech
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Op-Ed
    • Travel
    • Health
  • EVENTS
  • Videos
  • Shop
  • About
  • Political News
  • en español
No Result
View All Result
Baller Alert
No Result
View All Result

White House Has Talked To VA Secretary About Taking Pentagon Job If Trump Fires Esper

by ErinBoogie
September 7, 2020
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Robert Wilkie

Getty Images

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Donald Trump has talked to White House officials about firing Defense Secretary Mark Esper and replacing him with Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie, according to three senior administration officials, NBC News is reporting.

Trump, who has long been unhappy with Esper, has discussed the position directly with Wilkie, two senior administration officials have said, and Wilkie discussed with the White House becoming Trump’s acting defense secretary if Esper is fired.

Although Trump has not ruled out making changes before the November election, he has been advised against doing so. Two senior officials said there are no current plans to remove Esper.

“There are no plans to replace Secretary Esper,” one of the officials said, the publication reports.

Trump has told aides for months that he is unhappy with Esper, his third defense secretary who has served for just over a year, with whom he frequently disagrees with. Just last week, the president and Esper disagreed over the decision to cut funding to the U.S. military newspaper Stars and Stripes, with Trump saying it was “politically stupid,” tweeting out against the cut.

Tension between the two heated up even further after allegations arose that Trump called veterans “suckers” and “losers.”

Wilkie has served as Veterans Administration secretary since 2018, has worked various positions at the Pentagon, and has most recently been apart of Mike Pence’s coronavirus task force.

Robert Wilkie
Getty ImagesRobert Wilkie

Share this:

  • Click to share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window) Mastodon
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Click to share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Tumblr
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest

Like this:

Like Loading...

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Tags: PentagonRobert Wilkietrump

Related Posts

Yung Joc Reveals 3 Young Victims of Atlanta Apartment Fire Were His Brother’s Children [Video]
News

Yung Joc Walks Away from Marriage to Kendra Robinson, “I pray you find happiness elsewhere”

July 7, 2025

Yung Joc let the public in on what sounds like the breaking point.  On Sunday, the rapper/reality TV star went...

Grace O’Marcaigh Accuses Christian "King" Combs of Sexual Assault
News

Gene Deal Calls Out King Combs for Showing Off Outside Court After Diddy’s Conviction

July 7, 2025

Christian “King” Combs showed out at the wrong time, and Gene Deal wasn’t feeling it. The former bodyguard didn’t hold...

Target Sued by Shareholders Over DEI Initiatives and Stock Decline
News

Essence Festival Responds to Target Backlash: “We Get It. We’re In a Contract.”

July 7, 2025

Essence Festival is facing heat after fans called out Target’s visible sponsorship during the weekend’s events, despite the national boycott...

Texas Floods
News

Texas Flood Horror: 82 Dead, Dozens of Girls Missing from Popular Summer Camp

July 7, 2025

Texas is reeling from one of the deadliest flash floods in its recent history. At least 82 people have been...

Next Post
Deputy Hits Teen

Investigation Launched After Teen Is Choked And Beaten By Deputy In Custody

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Baller News

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Follow Us

Subscribe to Blog

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

© Copyright 2024, Baller Alert Inc. All Rights Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • News
    • Entertainment
    • The Baller Alert Show
    • Baller Alert Lists
    • Baller Alert Exclusives
    • Let Me Liv
    • Ballerific Music
    • That’s Baller
    • Fashion
    • Metaverse
    • Tech
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Op-Ed
    • Travel
    • Health
  • EVENTS
  • Videos
  • Shop
  • About
  • Political News
  • en español
%d