DJ Akademiks is raising concerns about what he says is a string of swatting incidents involving himself, Drake, and Larry Jackson, but key details surrounding the alleged events remain unverified.
Video
During a recent livestream, Akademiks claimed Drake was the latest person targeted by a false emergency call. The streamer said Drake was swatted “yesterday.” He also claimed Larry Jackson of Gamma had experienced a similar incident, suggesting he believes the situations could be connected. Neither Drake nor Jackson had publicly confirmed the allegations when the outlet published its report on August 19.The Drake swatting claim quickly adds another layer to Akademiks’ own recent experience. Akademiks was livestreaming on August 12 when police arrived at his residence after someone allegedly reported that multiple people had been shot and killed inside the home. Police reportedly investigated and determined the emergency call was false.
Akademiks later suggested the incident happened because of topics he had been discussing on his stream, including Roc Nation and Desiree Perez.
Now, Akademiks appears to believe his experience was not isolated.
“There’s some real sh*t happening that’s not no make-believe,” Akademiks said.
That statement may fuel speculation around the Drake swatting claim, but there is still a major gap between Akademiks’ allegation and independent confirmation.
Swatting itself is far more serious than an online prank. According to the FBI, swatting involves making a hoax report to emergency services, typically by falsely claiming there is an immediate threat to someone’s life. The goal is often to trigger a large law enforcement response at an unsuspecting person’s location. The FBI warns that these incidents can create chaos, place victims and officers at risk, and divert emergency resources from legitimate situations.
Drake would not be the first Young Money heavyweight to deal with a swatting scare. His longtime labelmate Nicki Minaj has been targeted more than once. Authorities responded to Minaj’s Hidden Hills residence in April 2025 after a caller falsely reported that a woman had been shot and that armed suspects were at the property. Deputies found no evidence of a crime and determined the report was a swatting call. Minaj also faced similar chaos in 2023, when TMZ reported that bogus calls accused her of child abuse and falsely claimed her home was on fire, prompting authorities to respond.
For celebrities and online personalities, the possibility of a false emergency report carries added concern because home addresses, routines, and livestream locations can become targets for harassment.
Drake has neither confirmed nor denied these claims.
