Murder-Suicide Leaves Texas Principal And Assistant Principal Dead

A murder-suicide between a Texas husband and wife has left the principal of one school district dead and the assistant principal of another.

Police were called to the League City home around 10 p.m. Wednesday for reports of a home invasion, according to KHOU 11. When officers arrived, they found Erica Allen, 35, dead on the front lawn.

Witnesses told officials they saw Allen’s husband, Nicholas, 40, shoot Erica before running into the house. Officials secured the area around the home and brought in a tactical team after establishing contact with the husband.

At about 1:33 a.m., the team was able to gain access to the house where they located the body of Nicholas. He was dead from an apparent self-inflicted wound. The couple’s two children, ages 2 and 7, were found safe. 

“The investigation determined that the initial call of a home invasion was untruthful, and the incident stemmed from a domestic problem,” officials said in a press release. Nicholas called in the false home invasion.

Erica Allen was the principal at Texas City ISD’s Heights Elementary School. “Mrs. Allen will be deeply missed, and our thoughts are with her family and friends as they grieve this heartbreaking loss,” the district said in a statement.

In a statement regarding Nicholas Allen, Spring ISD said, “Our entire Spring ISD community is devastated and shocked to hear about the passing of Nicholas Allen, who had served as an assistant principal at Wells Middle School since joining the district in July 2020. Our thoughts are with the couple’s children and extended family as they face overwhelming grief and sorrow in the days ahead.” 

According to court documents obtained by ABC13, Erica Allen had filed for a temporary restraining order against her husband in Galveston County last July, as well as filing for divorce.

KHOU learned the couple had recently sold their home.

About ErinBoogie

Check Also

Spirit Airlines

Spirit Passenger Groped On Flight Told To ‘Stay Quiet’ By Flight Crew

An 18-year-old woman claimed she was groped by a stranger on an early morning Spirit Airlines …

Leave a Reply