It’s Memorial Day Weekend! And we’re all still quarantined inside our homes (hopefully). The recent COVID-19 pandemic has taken a huge toll on various industries and personal lives. Baller Alert is here to save your day, compiling a list of VIRTUAL things we can do to relax and enjoy ourselves.
1. Virtual Movie Nights- We all miss the movies! Luckily, there are a few options where we can watch movies with our friends… from inside our homes. For one, Netflix has an app called Netflix Party that allows you to stream with friends with a live chat option on the side of the screen. It’s like communicating inside the movies, only no one is talking out loud! Cheat code.
Meta streams and Scener are also great options to explore.
2. National Memorial Day concert- The 2020 Memorial Day concert will be live-streamed instead of broadcasted live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, which annually marks the end of the school year and the beginning of summer. Not only will the broadcast honor the military, but there will be standout performances and appearances from a slew of actors, musicians, and military personnel.
The bill includes Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise, General Colin L. Powell, Cynthia Erivo, Sam Elliott, Laurence Fishburne, Mary McCormack, CeCe Winans, and more.
3. Virtual Memorial Day salutes- Typically, America would be celebrating with numerous Memorial Day parades across the country, but now we have to resort to online tributes via the internet. Thankfully, a few New Jersey towns have scheduled virtual parades so audiences can still commemorate our fallen soldiers. Berkeley Heights in Union County has replaced the parade with “Operation We Remember 2020: Remembering the Fallen, by Honoring the Living.”
The city’s police department and members of PBA Local 144 will conduct a Drive-By Salute on Monday, May 25th, beginning at 10:30 am.
4. Virtual runs- While many of us are stuck quarantined inside our homes and gaining weight, it’s important to remind the population to stay active. Thankfully, there are numerous options for virtual runs that allow you to run at your own pace and location but still be involved in the community. With marathons out of the picture, many have found these virtual races to be beneficial.
A few options: Remember The Fallen Virtual Run, Race Roster National Veterans Memorial and Museum Virtual Run & Walk, Memorial Day Virtual Flag 5K Run/Walk for our Heroes.
5. VERZUZ battles!- Swizz Beatz is a genius when it comes to the recent VERZUZ Instagram Live battles. The New York producer has recruited all of the industry greats, from Erykah Badu versus Jill Scott to last weekend’s Nelly versus Ludacris to the original Swizz Beatz versus Timbaland. Not only are audiences all around the world able to join the festivities with a click of a button, but it’s shedding light on important figures in the music industry who have contributed to all your favorite songs.
112 versus Jagged Edge on Monday, May 25th. What do you have planned for Memorial Day?